justagirl's ramblings.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

the fountain of youth

just the other day, my gal pal and i were talking about how we view younger dudes.
basically, somehow i find them rather endearing in a way...that they remind me of how i used to be when i was younger.

i was hopeful
i was optimistic about the future
i was idealistic about love and still believed then that love will conquer all
i was basically happy.


i don't know if it's possible for me to carry those feelings on my sleeve anymore given that i've loved and been loved, i've hurt and been hurt. i've succeeded yet failed. i've experimented yet been burnt.

sometimes i wonder which part of my life i enjoyed the most.

being the silly hopeful youthful me.

or the wise cynical jaded old me.

only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home