justagirl's ramblings.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

RECOLLECTION AND REFLECTION

Sometimes they say that in order to get a better perspective of your situation, you really need to get yourself OUT of that situation.

i guess the saying is true especially when one is brought out of one's comfort zone and into another world.

going to bangkok was like going to twilight zone, where people speak in weird tongues and where the culture is foreign and no longer familiar.

suddenly, the zombie-like attitude i took in my normal day routine of moving around, aka, doing the normal routine things like taking the train, going out without batting an eye lid....was blown away. because. i was forced to be up and alert on my feet, to absorb what is happening around me, only because sometimes the unknown is indeed scary.

i suppose one thing i learn from this trip is to learn to be happy and contented with the things i have and not hanker or grumble about what could have been.

and perhaps i got to know a thing or two about myself.

my cautious auntie nature (which is the opposite of me in the daily routine)...and my love for nature as opposed to my travelling partner. heh.

perhaps it is true that wanderlust is one of the many desires that one should give in to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home