justagirl's ramblings.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

places i've been to too often in my life

just ask yourself. which are the places which you've been going to too often in your life? And why are you always going back there?

Do you get a sense of deja vu or a recollection of the past?

Just on tuesday morning, i checked the home phone's voice mail, only to hear my dad's cousin's son telling him that the father was ill in the hospital. Apparently the dad fell on saturday and was only admitted into the hospital on sunday because of stroke.

when we headed down to the hospital ward, it felt so surreal and eerie.

i remember going to this particular ward to see my dad who was then admitted for his heart valve problem years back.

somehow, i felt a chill going down my spine and in a strange way i felt as vulnerable as the girl i was back then, clad in my jc uniform.

the irony of it all is my dad is now healthy and now seeing his close cousin in a bad state.

his cousin was quite a proud man, who didn't want to tell his kids that he fell.

He's 79 and singlehandedly took care of his siblings and his mother after he was 12.

He quit school when he had barely finished his psle. but you know what, he spoke perfect english and was quite intellectual despite the lack of opportunities that went his way.

After he retired, he became bored and merely saw his stout and beer as his only past time.

sometimes i do worry about what i would do if i did lose meaning in my life.

and about how those workaholic friends of mine would be like when they become old.

do they realise that work isn't everything, esp when you sit back and relax?

i do worry for one particular special friend who is so preoccupied with his work and all that it affects his mood, health and his usually good temper.

i sometimes wonder if he realises that there is more to work in life.

yeah. sad to say the hospital is one place i've been to too often in my life. often or not, it's a place where i bid goodbye to close relatives such as my grandmother and my mother.

in a strange way, i guess i could relate to why old people hate going to hospitals.

it spooks of death.

sigh.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Rainie said…

    i hate going to hospitals too.
    reeks of death... and reminds me of my granny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home