justagirl's ramblings.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

the walk

yesterday i managed to walk for 5 hours 20 minutes.

it was a big deal to me.

not because i'm the average couch potato who hates running or walking under the hot sun, but because i managed to do it...

i was able to walk on...persevere without much pain.

in my mind...i told myself i had to take care of this group of kids...and for a while..my head didn't feel any pain.

all i knew was...i had to get from one point to another.

then finally...when we reached there... we could see the horizon of the sea.

my feet started to wobble..and felt like tormented tofu.

As i sat down to admire the sandcastles the kids were building, it suddenly dawned to me that impossible is nothing.

sure..it's a rip-off slogan from addidas.

then again..how many times do we tell ourselves to give up or ponder too much whether or not to cross a traffic junction or to go over the overhead bridge.

the turning points in our lives can be
- smooth sailing (downhill slope)
- painful (uphill slope/ overhead bridge)
- dangerous and slow moving ( traffic junction)

life indeed is similar to that walk.

sometimes we goto cross certain paths we dislike...but it's necessary that we move on..so that we can reach our destination.

i managed to do it because i had to stay strong for the kids.

deep down, i was panting and wishing to rest. but seeing the energy and zest of optimism before me...how could i stop.

perhaps my life isn't that horrible afterall.

on another side note.... sigh one of the young soldiers who died in the taiwan air crash was from my school.

quite sad.

a young and bright life...all geared up to face the world...only to be ruined by somebody's mistake.

it brought back memories of how i faced deaths in my life.

my grandmother and mother.

how i had to remain strong... and pretend everything's fine in front of my younger siblings.

i guess life is precious afterall. cherish those around you is one cliche we can never do without.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home