justagirl's ramblings.

Friday, March 17, 2006

THE BIG CLEAN UP

yeah!!! after a long while, i've finally got down to do major spring cleaning in my room.

yesyesyes i am a slob. but i'm not one who can tolerate disgusting levels of filth either.

i guess when i'm working, i'm hardly in the room other than sleeping and watching tv.

so during this week...when i can just sit back and relax.....i realise how disgusting my room was when i wanted to go and do some work.

yeah. i cannot do work if the room is in mega mess.

so basically i spent the whole afternoon, mopping, vacuuming, clearing up rubbish and throwing away stuff like the old newspaper cuttings that i took of the lions during the early 1990s..when they were still champions of the malaysian cup.

haha.

then i threw away some archie comics..which were thankfully saved by my sister. well what can i say, one's person junk is another person's gem.

i threw away lots of junk such as old lousy torned out clothes...useless files...useless books...the old microwave and the rusty old computer table which has been occupying my room for too long.

so there i was ....along with my little sister clearing up the huge mess.

strange to say..it was a good workout.

and psychologically i felt happier.

i guess it's good to be sentimental, but not to the point that one's mementoes become rusty and dusty and dirty.

i had this shoebox in my cupboard...filled with super old christmas cards, wish well cards, hi cards from my secondary school friends.

Yes and i just threw it away because it was taking unnecessary space. (sigh i still have drawers worth of cards, and so on which i cannot bear to throw away..not forgetting the five volumes of offline journals)

perhaps it came to a crunch ....when sentimental stuff may become emotional baggage dragging us on.

haha. it was quite funny because i take on the sentimental side of my dad...and yet i'm quite progressive like my mum.

i remembered how my parents would get into a huge quarrel as my dad loves to keep things and cause unnecessary clutter in the house. whereas my dear mother just loves bulldozing away all the things in her sight, e.g. clutter, whether or not they are still of use.

thank god i'm a fine balance between the two extremes.

yes, it's great to be traditional and nostalgic but not to the point of forgetting that it's time to progress as well.

thus, i decided to cast away negative thoughts about the past year too and about how i feel about some people or some issues which have been bogging me way too much than they should.

yeah we all need a spring-cleaning session once in a while.

like what one of my friends said..clear the toxins in your heart :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home