justagirl's ramblings.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

that's what friends are for

the fact that no man is an island has become such a cliche simply shows how much everyone of us...even among those of us who aspire to be hermits......need friends.

of course because we're all so different, we see friends in a different light, different perspective as we all have different needs and wants.

...since i'm stressed at work...somehow inspiration will struck by and say hello to this blog. so here goes.

FRIENDS ARE OUR COMPANIONS

Yes. even if we cannot find the lover who will love and cherish us, surely it's more achieveable to find a friend who's willing to share a cup of coffee, watch a movie, drink a jug of beer with, to go shopping with, watch a game of soccer, play a game of basketball, do manicures together, ..........and the list simply goes on.

human nature is such that.... according to some famous sociologist...... without social interaction we can never ever hope to develop properly. apparently one girl who was raised by wolves... didn't fully develop her cognitive development, due to lack of exposure to the human race.

Yes so we need friends because it's simply more fun to do something with someone else.

Even with activites which seem to promote solitute and individualism...such as online gaming, fishing, reading.... what's the fun in doing it when you have no one to share your passion with.

FRIENDS ARE OUR EMOTIONAL PILLARS

For me... my friends were truly the emotional support which i cherished and something which my parents and siblings can never provide.

My parents are from a different generation, while my siblings were too young to understand me.

So instead of suffering in solitude...it's much more fun hanging out with people who have similar problems as you do. hee

FRIENDS HELP US GROW

Books can never tell you much about success in a human world as they are always so outdated. personally... friends were the ones who made me realise my different facets and help me to grow up.

my jc friends made me more socially aware, i've learnt a great deal from them....on how to get along with people from various backgrounds. and truly...it's a skill i cherish until today :)

my university friends too made me discover a different side of me, perhaps the party animal unleashed? heh.

like one of my friends said that i seem to be one of the few non-gaming persons who gets along very well with her and her gaming friends.

truth be told........i learnt to socially adapt to different groups through trial and error. :)

of course... i used to hang onto old friendships and wonder why on earth did they fade away with time.

then i realise that every friend that you meet at different phases of your life serves a different purpose.

They are together with you during that interval of your life journey to serve whatever purpose which you placed emphasis on.

certainly...as we grow older...our expecations and wants and needs changes and so do our friends.

so whoever out there has been a friend to me...even for a short period of time...like to thank you for giving me that special life experience :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home