justagirl's ramblings.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

the daily report

today was the sunny little droplets day.

i woke up late in the morning... and then headed down to meet sue and wm for lunch at sakae sushi (yet again) and we had fondue much later.

while browsing through cds at one of the record stores at a particular shopping centre, i came across some gem-worthy albums. but finally fell in love with just one.

the goo goo dolls' latest album which is surprisingly nice and sweet.

yeah. a little drums and guitars here and there...accompanied by the sweet vocals.

less angry and yet still emotional enough for me to go nuts over.

you know the feeling la... the feeling of nua-ing...stoning...or slacking over a hot cup of coffee during a rainy day with a friend.

one of the songs which is stuck to my head is

Stay with you (Goo Goo Dolls)

Those streets turn me inside out
everything shines
but leaves me empty still
and i'll burn this lonely house down
if you run with me
if you run with me

chorus
I'll stay with you. The walls will fall before we do
take my hand now.
we'll run forever
i can feel the storm inside you
i'll stay with you
fooled by my own desires

i twist my fate
just to feel you
but you turn me toward the light
and you're the one with me
will you run with me?

Chorus

Bridge:
now come in from this storm
i taste you sweet and warm
take what you need
take what you need
from me
wake up this world
wake up tonight
and run with me
run to me now

Chorus

++

yeah what i truly feel now is emptiness.
a rediscovery journey
the feeling of being stuck on a bus journey ...about to reach a destination...only to be told that i have to take a detour.

ever had the feeling that you thought you have figured things out.
figured what you really want in life
only to discover that they are merely lies weaved by yourself
because you're afraid to face the truth.
the cold harsh truth.

and when you finally acknowledge this escapist mode
you just feel like standing in the rain
and have a moment's worth of time frozen
so that you can rethink your thoughts
before you make your next move
without ever to make the wrong move again.

i don't know.

is this merely a phase?
or is it just a transition in my life?
i'm both excited and scared.

excited about change
fearful of what it may bring.

oh well...other than such thoughts...

at night...went out with friend j for kopi/ dinner/catch up and watched the first half of the world cup match of england versus paraguay.

it was b-o-r-i-n-g.

but it was nice catching up with an old friend.
yeah. the luxury of doing so only during the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home