justagirl's ramblings.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

ONE SONG WHICH DEPICTS MY HEART :)

"Pieces" (by Sum 41)

I tried to be perfect
But nothing was worth it
I don’t believe it makes me real
I thought it’d be easy
But no one believes me
I meant all the things I said

If you believe it’s in my soul
I’d say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show
That I’m trying to let you know
That I’m better off on my own

This place is so empty
My thoughts are so tempting
I don’t know how it got so bad
Sometimes it’s so crazy
That nothing can save me
But it’s the only thing that I have

If you believe it’s in my soul
I’d say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show
That I’m trying to let you know
That I’m better off on my own

On my own

I tried to be perfect
It just wasn’t worth it
Nothing could ever be so wrong
It’s hard to believe me
It never gets easy
I guess I knew that all along

If you believe it’s in my soul
I’d say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show
That I’m trying to let you know
That I’m better off on my own

----------------------------------

yes ever since i bought that modern rock 2 album, i was hooked particularly to this song, not only because of its fantastic guitar bass assemble but also because it truly expresses the emotions which have been swirling in my heart during the past few weeks.

i have been feeling out of sorts in the past few weeks, possibly a by-product of work stress and the lack of interaction with loved ones and god.

but most of all, i reckon that it must be the result of me trying too hard to be perfect in all ways. as usual.

being the perfect friend, perfect sister, perfect daughter, perfect teacher, perfect colleague, perfect cheongster, perfect worker, perfect student, perfect person.....etc

perfection is indeed unreal because no one is ever really perfect to begin with.

moreover, imperfection may be seen or viewed as an obscure freak of beauty.

then again, it could just be an omen that i'm trying too hard, and should cut myself and those around me some slack.

sigh.

what to do.

i guess that's the most perfect (shit used that word again heh) thing to do is to let imperfect shine through all things we do. and let it be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home