justagirl's ramblings.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

MEDJUGORJE

just the night where the church auntie gave me a lift......some of the other church aunties came along too as it was on their way as well.

one of them gleefully passed me a book on the medjugorje experience.

it's just a simple book. and to tell you frankly... i've always viewed medjugorje as a myth, a legend, a hunt for the holy grail, basically something made up for those who thirst for faith.

it all started when i was a little girl. my late mum will always want to go there, even when she was mentally ill.

later, our parish priest convinced her that it doesn't matter where you pray, god IS everywhere afterall.

i suppose perhaps god seems to be easily found in some places more so than others because our human hearts do not let him in on certain occasions.

perhaps what my mother wanted to seek is true healing (since she was quite sick at that point both in spirit and in flesh).

then again, i truly wonder if true sickness dwells in those of us who simply live life as it is. without questioning. without evaluating. without asking.

asking what is the truth.

what is god.

who is god.

is there a god.

so what if there's a god.

even though the RC church doesn't acknowledge the so-called miracles which happened in that little small village stuck in a war torn zone........

many still persevere to go there.

http://www.medjugorje.org/

sometimes i do wonder if faith is really such an easy journey.

or do we just need to search within ourselves..... truthfully.......whether we do believe in god. and trust him to do the right thing for us.

in his time.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger tpmotd said…

    Hi, I'm Steve. I believe in God, and naturally I have my own convictions about the answers to the questions you mentioned in this blog entry. If you'd like to, I'd enjoy having a nice conversation with you about it. Though I do believe there is a God and one correct way to follow Him (I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [The Mormons] myself), I believe that way includes the divine instruction to respect those who choose to believe differently. So though I like to share what the spirit has moved me to believe, I avoid arguing (that is, with a spirit of anger or intolerance) about it. Let me know if you'd like to talk.
    -Steve
    sts28@byu.net

     

Post a Comment

<< Home