justagirl's ramblings.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

GLOOMY HOLIDAYS

One reason why I hate long weekends is that it forces you to drop everything and rethink about your life and its objectives.

are you living your life the way you want it to be?
do you feel fulfilled as a person?
and most of all, are you a happy person or merely satisfied that things are just ok?

tough questions of the soul which only creeps up on you when leisure sets in.

just last night, i met up with an old university friend who asked me out for supper. we were discussing how our fellow coursemates were doing at their career.

quite a number went into teaching other than myself.
a few are going strong in the journalism field, in both international news agencies as well as local papers.
a few have decided to fly.
some are in corporate communications or public relations
some are in the broadcast media side.

i guess time really flies and doesn't wait for anyone.

i've graduated two years ago and what have i achieved as compared to my peers?

well... all i have is a diploma in teaching to boot with, while they are mostly in high-jetting (yet lower starting pay) jobs.

i was seriously rethinking about my career route again.

have i made the right decision?
am i regretting it?

well, as much as i really enjoy imparting knowledge to the younger kids, there's a part of me feeling left out.

the adventure seeker in me is feeling rather bored.

well yeah, i gave up the fast-paced, exciting and unstable life as a journalist to be a nurturer who leads a more stable, slow-paced, enriching life.

i don't exactly regret my choice as i've always viewed this experience as just looking at life at another perspective and angle.

it's just that i don't wish to be stuck in one train station.......and not continuing my life journey.

i surmise that my life-long desires are
1) to see the world (after i've settled the financial damage at home.)
2) to study my master's (yeah after i've come up with enough savings.)
3) take care of my family.

if only there was a job which can give me the stability, pay as well as the excitement.

perhaps after my contract is over, i shall review my choices yet again.

the restless idealist has struck again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home